Family of elderly Fil-Am brutally attacked in Las Vegas seeks justice

Amadeo Quindara (left) was allegedly brutally assaulted by Christian Lentz (right) in what has been described as a hate-fueled attack. FILE PHOTOS

LAS VEGAS – The family of a 77-year-old Filipino American who was brutally assaulted by his neighbor in Las Vegas – in what has been described as a hate-fueled attack – is demanding justice.

The victim, Amadeo Quindara, and his family were in a Las Vegas courtroom earlier this week, two years after the violent attack that left him with permanent injuries. They awaited the sentencing of the suspect, Christian Lentz, who faces hate crime-related charges.

“Our lives were shattered when my dad was violently attacked by Christian Lentz right in our own garage. Our home, supposed to be a safe place, became the site of something unthinkable,” Quindara’s son, Phil, told KTNV.

Quindara said he was in his garage on May 30, 2023, when Lentz first approached and threatened him, then returned to slam him to the ground and repeatedly punch him in the face.

His wife later found him in a pool of blood. Quindara suffered deep cuts on his head and face, a brain bleed, memory loss and permanent injuries.

You may like: Las Vegas man accused of hate attack on Filipino is competent to face trial

In a security camera recording, Lentz could be heard saying Quindara would “be on a ventilator” and “die’” and racial slurs like, “You should speak English. You should speak English. You Japanese,” according to the KTNV report.

You may like: Las Vegas protest decries brutal hate attack on elderly Filipino

Sponsored
View this post on Instagram

A post shared by Abel Garcia (@abelgnews)

In a Las Vegas courtroom Monday, Lentz apologized, saying: “The main thing I want to convey is my deepest, serious apologies to the victim and his family… and the community on the greater whole.”

In his defense, Lentz’ lawyer Mandy McKellar said his client was not in his right mind during the attack as he was suffering severe psychotic break from bipolar disorder.

The Quindara family disagrees with this defense.

“Let’s be clear – this was not a random act; This was a hate crime. Christian Lenzt chose to target my father because he is Filipino American,” Quindara’s son, Phillip, told KLAS 8 News Now.

The sentencing was postponed to Aug. 4, 2025.

The post Family of elderly Fil-Am brutally attacked in Las Vegas seeks justice appeared first on USNewsRank.


Discover more from USNewsRank

Subscribe to get the latest posts sent to your email.

0 0 votes
Article Rating
Subscribe
Notify of
guest
0 Comments
Oldest
Newest Most Voted
Inline Feedbacks
View all comments

0
Would love your thoughts, please comment.x
()
x